In Home Personal Training serving Raleigh, Cary, Durham and the Triangle
Melanie’s vision was to start a company that truly redefined fitness. She began taking steps to achieve that goal by training high school and college athletes, volunteering and interning in physical and sports therapy, working in cardiac rehabilitation programs and earning her Masters Degree in Exercise Physiology.
Deeply involved in sports and fitness herself, Melanie brought her passion to the general population by launching Gateway to Health & Performance. She continues to expand her health-related specializations and certifications. With an ongoing commitment to provide her clients up-to-date information and techniques in the areas of wellness, fitness, weight management and post-physical rehabilitation, Melanie brings her expertise and dedication to every program she designs.
M.Sc. Exercise Physiology – University of NC Greensboro
B.Sc. Human Performance and Wellness – Saint Augustine’s College, Raleigh NC.
• National Strength Conditioning Association (NSCA) – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
• National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA) – Post Rehab Specialist
• American Heart Association (AHA) – Basic Life Support (BLS), AED & First Aid Instructor• Physical Mind Institute – Mat Pilates
• Reebok Functional Movement Screening
• Rocktape Functional Movement taping Techniques (FMT Basic)
• International Sports Science Association (ISSA) – Certified Fitness Trainer
• American Red Cross – First Aid Provider
• American Red Cross – Community Water Safety
Areas of Work Experience
• Personal Training Studios
• High School/College athletic departments
• Hospital Based Wellness Centers
• Internships in Physical Therapy, Post-Rehabiltation, Cardiac Rehabilitation and university athletics
• National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
• American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
• International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
• American Heart Association (AHA)
In Home Personal Training serving Raleigh, Cary, Durham and the Triangle.